BALI GUIDE // Part One – what to prepare & how to get there BALI GUIDE // Part Three – how to get around
Time flies! Can you already count the days?
What to pack?? The struggle is real… Let us help you!
Does the day of your departure to sunny and relaxing Bali come closer and closer? Did you already prepare your packing list? Not sure what you’ll need and what to leave at home? Are 15 t-shirts too much or not? Do you know what is absolutely necessary and what you can buy in Bali anyway?
Part Two of our Bali Guide consists of the ultimate packing list for your surf trip to paradise. We will lead you through what clothes and health products/toiletries, documents and electronic devices to bring and how to organize your hand luggage.
Our 3 girls Marie, Vero and Lisa from #TeamZealous sat down together to summarize their travel essentials. These are based on personal experiences as they travel a lot and have lived abroad several times. So they will know for sure what you will need as a European surfergirl as you, for example, can’t find tampons for less than 10€ in Indo.
Let us assist you to prepare your stress-free Bali trip and to make it even more enjoyable.
In Indonesia you can buy most medication over the counter and there are many pharmacies around. Of course there are a few exceptions like Gelomyrtol and proper nasal spray so if you need your special „western“ products, you better bring them with you. To have some kg less in your baggage it can make sense to buy shampoo, shower gel or body lotions here in Bali. They sell Pantene shampoo, Dove shower gel and Vaseline body lotions in every supermarket and prices are similar to the prices back home. But take care when you buy local products instead: Most of them contain whitening technology and will work against your tan 😉 So check what special products you will need and get the rest on the island.
We recommend you to bring the following items from overseas:
- Tampons (because the ones you’ll get here are nothing compared to OB’s and they are quite expensive: 10€ for 10 pieces)
- Condoms (the Asian ones are smaller, no joke!)
- Sunscreen (we use 110 SPF sport sunscreen for the face and birthmarks and 50 SPF for our body, when the skin got used to the sun switch from 50 to 30 SPF for the body. But stick to the 110 SPF for your face)
- Surf zinc (if you surf every day or even twice a day you might want to fully protect your nose and cheeks or even your whole face with surf zinc)
- Betaisodona cream (but you can still get the little yellow bottle of liquid Betadine here which is just a bit harder to handle)
- First-Aid kid for your surfing adventures and proper tweezers
- Antiseptic spray (which is hard to find here and it‘s good to have it if you scratch-open some mean moscito bites (20 bites per leg are no fun!)
Out of Warehouse! Hey Babes, our hard-working friends at the warehouse take a break to find some snow in the Alps. Please be aware that orders placed between 23.02.-04.03., will be shipped after 05.03.2018! xx Ausblenden